Bathroom Sink – What’s Right for Your Remodel?
The bathroom sinks once had just two options; a drop-in bowl or undermount unless it was a cultured marble sink/countertop combination. None of those options had much style and other than choosing the color, there was little to think about. Today, bathroom designs have more options than ever and if you’re planning a bathroom remodel, you should put some thought into the sink so your new space looks great and works for you.
Today’s bathroom sinks come in many styles, materials, color and other options. Here are the main classifications of bathroom sinks and a few pros and cons of each:
- Drop-in – These sinks are affordable and come in many colors. They work best with laminate countertops so aren’t as common anymore.
- Undermount – Most common with natural stone countertops and available in different shapes, sizes and colors.
- Vessel – One of the trendiest sink options and available in just about every color and many materials. The drawback is that they add height to the countertop so think about the height before choosing a vessel sink. They come in a wide price range.
- Pedestal – If you are adding a powder room and have just a small space, this is one of the best options. They come in many styles and can go in a corner or against a wall.
- Wall-mount – These can also be a great space saver or they can be an option that includes some countertop space. They also come in a wide variety of colors and styles.
Few homeowners today choose the countertop incorporated sink made from cultured marble but it is still an option.
Different Bathrooms Need Different Sinks
If your bathroom remodel is to your master bath, you may want to make sure you have plenty of countertop space. For a hall bath, space might be an issue so a wall-mount or pedestal sink might be the best option. If you want a modern style, you might look at a vessel sink. Undermount sinks are the easiest to clean around so for a kid’s bathroom, they’re a great option.
Ultimately, like everything else in your bathroom remodel, the right sink comes down to your style and budget. Build America LLC can help you every step of the way when it comes to choosing the right elements for your bathroom remodel. We’re experienced remodelers and offer free initial consultations. Call us today at (727) 776-9023 or fill out our contact form and we’ll call you.