Right Kitchen Remodeling Styles
If you have a dated kitchen and are looking for the right kitchen remodeling style, today’s blog will help. Although there are some pre-defined remodeling styles that you may have read about or seen somewhere, you don’t have to follow any. The key to the perfect kitchen is creating a look that works with the rest of your home, functions well, has the right layout, and most of all, that you love.
How to Get Started Defining Your Kitchen Remodeling Style
Every remodeling company will see a specific design style slightly differently. And, over time, these styles change a bit. However, we’ve given the most popular styles a brief definition to help you at least start looking for a style for your home.
- Modern – Clean and luxurious with little décor and the latest in countertop and cabinet styles.
- Traditional – Think shaker style cabinets, warm colors and personal décor.
- Contemporary – Just a bit of modern elements blended with traditional cabinetry and colors.
- Coastal – Beach inspired with sunny colors and white or light flat front cabinets and countertops.
- Old-World – Nearly opposite of coastal with dark colors, lots of curves and even historical elements as décor and lighting.
- Mediterranean – A pallet of orange, red and yellow mixed with traditional style cabinets and lots of natural wood.
- Farmhouse – Light and open you’ll want to include lots of natural wood, a farmhouse sink and a few rustic touches.
Choosing Your Design Elements
Once you have a general idea of what you want your style to reflect, you’ll need to begin working with your design-build company on choosing the perfect elements for your style. There really is no right or wrong place to start, but because your cabinetry is a highly visible element and significant part of your budget, it’s a great element to choose first. Because your countertops are also a highly visible element, you may want to choose them next. You want them to contrast yet coordinate with both your flooring and cabinetry. Although using your countertop material is an option for your backsplash, a more popular choice is tile. Consider choosing tile that adds to the design style your going for and gives some separation to the cabinets and countertops.
Build America is your local kitchen remodeling company who can help you with any style kitchen. We work with many cabinet manufacturers and offer a wide selection of tile and countertop materials and designs. Whether you’re looking for a total remodel or want a new look without changing the layout of your kitchen, we’re here to help. Call us today at (727) 776-9023 for your initial consultation.